Company profile

Message from Management

Since the foundation, this company has produced consistently the various forged parts of automobiles, motorcycles, construction machines, farm machines and others up to now.
During the period, the company has improved the technology always making "Manufacture of the products at the top level in the world" its motto.
Fortunately, the products of this company have been popular among users as both accuracy and quality are at very high level.
At present, we all working staffs in this company are not contented with it, and earnestly improve the equipment and better the technology, in this way, exert efforts to realize the rationalization conception in order to cope with the demand of customers.
In particular, the rationalization of energy and materials and the rationalization of energy and materials and the labor saving in working are intended, the thorough control of safety in working is ensured, and in order to respond promptly to the needs of the age in the international economy and the national economy more and more diversifying hereafter, it is determined to improve further the production technology and to contribute to the production technology and to contribute to the development of forging industry.
Hereafter, the company intends to aim at the forging manufacturer that can sufficiently meet the demand of users, therefore, I ask you to give us more support and encouragement.

Kunio Kakuta
Representative director, president


General Situation of the Company

Firm name KAKUTA IRON WORKS CO.,LTD.
Representative Representative director, president Kunio Kakuta
Foundation January, 1951
Capital 97,500,000 yen
Address Head office 2-12-10, Tokiwadai, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo, 174-0041, Japan
Miyoshi Plant 1003, Fujikubo, Miyoshi-machi, Iruma-gun, Saitama prefecture, 354-0041, Japan    
Site area : 20,871m2    Plant area : 8,663m2
Misato Plant 1195, Hiroki, Misato-machi, Kodama-gun, Saitama prefecture, 367-0118, Japan
 
Site area : 64,217.96m2    Plant area : 3,998.71m2
Production capacity 3,000 tons / month
Number of employees 140
Main products Various precision forged parts for automobiles, motorcycles, elevators, general purpose engines and others
Main customers
(in no particular order)
Honda Motor Co.,Ltd.
Honda R&D Co.,Ltd.
Yanagawa Seiki Co.,Ltd.
Suzuki Motor Corporation
Yamaha Motor Co.,Ltd.
Fuji Heavy Industries,Ltd.
Bosch Corporation
Kawasaki Heavy Industries,Ltd.
Ohmura Seisakusho Co.,Ltd.
Showa Co.,Ltd.
Tsuzuki Co., Ltd.
Main suppliers Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
Daido Steel Co.,Ltd.
Sanyo Special Steel Co.,Ltd.
Aichi Steel Works,Ltd.
Nippon Koshuha Steel Co.,Ltd.
JFE Bars & Shapes Corporation
Hirai Co.,Ltd.
Sumitomo shoji Co.,Ltd.
Umetoku Co.,Ltd.
Nakagawa Special Steel Co., Inc.
Bank with which the company has account Saitama Resona Bank, Limited Tsuruse Branch
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. Ikebukuro Branch
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporetion Tokiwadai Branch
The Shokocyukin Bank Head Office
Japan Finance Corporation Saitama Branch

History of the Company

October, 1945 The factory for manufacturing machine and utensil parts and farm appliances under private management was founded in Takinogawa-cho, Kita-ku, Tokyo, and manufacture was started.
September, 1949 The organization was changed to a limited partnership was started.
December, 1950 For extending the equipment, the factory was moved to Shimura, Itabashi-ku, and the precision forging of automobile and motorcycle parts was promoted.
January, 1951 The change to a joint stock company was carried out.
March, 1953 By taking over the adjoining factory, the head office and the factory were extended.
March, 1961 Saitama Plant was newly constructed at 1003, fujikubo, Miyoshi-machi, Iruma-gun, Saitama prefecture.
October, 1964 Tokyo Plant was moved and integrated to Saitama Plant.
The rationalization of synthetic equipment and the additional installation in the new factory were advanced, and the system of increased production was started.
May, 1966 The capital was increased to 45,000,000 yen.
September, 1967 No.1 1600 ton forging press was newly installed.
May, 1969 No.2 1600 ton forging press was newly installed.
January, 1972 The company was designated to Itabashi best report juridical person.
June, 1972 A 3000 ton forging press was newly installed.
March, 1975 No.3 1600 ton forging press was newly installed.
September, 1977 154,000V special high voltage substation was newly installed, and electric power receiving facility was completed.
October, 1977 A 4500 ton forging press was newly installed.
Designated to the factory for technical inspection in The 9th International Forging Congress and the representatives of various countries come to our company.
March, 1979 Ion nitriding equipment 2 ton furnace was newly installed.
November, 1979 Commended as the best management rationalization factory by the governor of Saitama prefecture.
April, 1981 Designated to a Saitama prefecture Standard factory.
October, 1981 A 2500 ton forging press was newly installed.
January, 1982 No.2 4500 ton forging press was newly installed.
June, 1982 Became an energy control designated factory of Tokyo Bureau of International Trade and Industry.
March, 1983 The company was awarded the Small and Medium Enterprises Agency Director prize
(a best management rationalization factory)
October, 1984 The land for Kodama Industrial Park,in Kamikawa-machi, Kodama-gun, Saitama prefecture.
November, 1984 The capital was increased to 97,500,000 yen.
July, 1986 A three-dimensional transfer feeder was installed to the 2500 ton forging press.
December, 1986 The 600 kW high frequency induction heating furnace for the 2500 ton forging press was augmented to 900 kW.
March, 1990 The integrated line with continuous normalizing furnace, shot blast and automatic inspection was installed to No.2 4500 ton forging press.
February, 1993 No.3 4500 ton forging press was newly installed.
August, 1997 A 2000 ton forging automatic press was newly installed.
March, 2000 No.3 4500 ton forging press was converted to automatic with transfer bars.
February, 2001 Registrated for its Environmental Management System under ISO 14001:1996 (JIS Q 14001:1996)
Machining center No.1 was installed in Die Shop.
April, 2002 The 2000 kW induction heater for No.2 4500 ton forging press line was newly installed.
November, 2002 Registrated for its Quality Management System under ISO 9001:2008 (JIS Q 9001:2008)
March, 2003 A 1000 ton billet shear was newly installed.
July, 2004 No.2 4500 to forging press was converted to automatic with transfer bars.
April, 2005 Designated to the factory for technical inspection in The 18th International Forging Congress.
The billet heater of No.1 4500 ton press line replaced.
October, 2007 154,000 V special high voltage substation was renewed.
Machining center No.2 was installed in Die Shop.
240 kW and 280 kW compressors were installed.
February, 2009 The billet heater of No.3 1600 ton press line was replaced to 500 kW.
October, 2013 New factory where 5000 ton press line having all the processes from bar material to shipping is installed is built in Misato Machi in Saitama Prefecture.


TOP PAGE